Since I finished modeling the upper limb bones, I thought it would be a good idea to create 3d models which show the upper limb in a greater detail. I will gradually add more and more structures like cartilages, ligaments, muscles and their tendons, blood vessels, nerves and lymphatics to it. As a step in the direction of this journey, I wanted to show you the model of humerus I made.
Wikimedia and Sketchfab
So one idea I have is to make the models with such a level of detail that I can easily take screenshots and upload them to Wikimedia commons with minimal editing. Then give a link to the Sketchfab model on the Wikimedia page so that they can easily look the model in 3d if needed.
For my MD course in anatomy I have to decide a field of research for my dissertation. These are the dissertation topics I have selected for my thesis.
- A Study of brachial artery, its branching pattern and variations with clinical applications
- Study of morphology of kidney in hundred specimens
- A study of circle of willis with its variations and its clinical correlations
- The study of the origin and branching pattern of the popliteal artery pertaining to popliteal fossa and its clinical significance
- A Study of Sciatic Nerve and Its Variations with its Clinical Significance
Of these 5 contenders I think I will end up doing the study on Brachial artery since it is my favorite one among the list. There are also a lot of clinical applications which I will dwell deep into. But it is still tentative as I will have to get the go ahead from my seniors and faculty.
I am working on the cartilages of upper limb actively so I will be uploading more images soon. I will keep you guys posted with the updates here. Thanks for reading.